GIFT has signed MOU with Institution of Engineers (India) for collaborative academia and research on 08-07-2019
Career Counseling is a life long process since the individual choose an occupation, prepare for it, and make progress in it. Career Counselling has to do with knowing their interest, selection of their subject, formation of their study habit and make them progress in those subject and activities and attain the ultimate aim of getting good career as per their wish. It is concerned primarily with helping the individual to make decisions and choices involved in planning for future and to form career decisions and choice necessary in affecting career adjustment. According to me Career counseling is a personalized process that combines both intuitive and cognitive techniques to help to understand oneself, explore career options, and clarify and attain desired career goals. The processes of career counseling offer insight, guidance and support to help students to understand and manage different career and lifestyle issues.
Objectives of career counseling:
- Vocational development is largely a cognitive process in which the individual uses reasoning to arrive at his decision
- Occupational choice is a single event
- There is a single right goal for everyone making decisions about work.
- A single type of person works in each job.
- There is an occupational choice available to each individual
Steps of Career counseling in GIFT
- Students from the 1st year itself are counseled at T & P cell.
- T & P assigns each student depending on his career choice under a professor of the relative department.
- The department and the staff organize Technical interviews and the respective counseling.
- The T & P cell in the mean time does Personal Interviews and the process continues.
Each observation by the T & P cell or by the faculty is recorded in the CMS for future reviews as and when required.